This is the third year that EMBCA, with the Greater Harlem Chamber of Commerce is having the much anticipated fun concert bringing together great cultures and friends for a unique musical experience. I am the President of EMBCA and an Executive Board Member of the Greater Harlem Chamber of Commerce. As announced last year we have added the Havana musical beat to the this great Greek and African American Blues/Jazz event and we will be featuring this year :
- The Hellenic Music Ensemble, with Julie Ziavras (soprano), Spiros Cardamis (pianist) and Kostas Psarros (bouzouki) presenting a special musical program capturing the lyric expression and the rich, deep texture of the Greek spirit and culture.
- Alyson Williams, a fabulous well known Harlem Jazz & R&B recording artist, and Friends.
- The Feeling Collective Band under the leadership of Miguel and Mariang Valdes, with a dynamic group of extraordinary Cuban Musicians.
Prior to the concert (from 5 to 7 P.M.) I am also pleased to announce, for those that can make it, that Hermes Expo International and the Queens Chamber of Commerce have agreed to have a pre-concert event entitled A Taste of Hellas: A Mediterranean Palette Trade Portal which will feature speakers on importing/exporting, a food and wine tasting , and a Networking Reception. I hope it works with your schedule and if it does enclosed find the link for more information on the event, see you there. Regards and thank you.
Sample food and wines will be provided by our sponsors and participants for all attendees!
Participants of the Trade and Tourism Panel:
- Lou Katsos, President EMBCA – Introductions
- Greta Kamaterou, Director Greek National Tourist Organization
- Andreas Kelemidis, Oinos Wine Importing Company
- Spiros Bardis, Rep. Sirob Imports, Importers, Manufacturers and Distributors of Greek Specialty Food
- Sokrates Ballas, Rep. Megas Yeeros, Manufacturers of the Original Yeeros
- Dimitris Petridis, Gyro World
- Jacqueline Donado, Queens Chamber of Commerce Greetings
- Paul Kotrotsios, President Hermes Expo – Panel Coordinator
By David Bjorkgren Special to the Hellenic News of America When the Hermes Expo opened in 1992 in Atlantic City, it was founded on an idea by Paul Kotrotsios that Greek Americans and Philhellenes could find business opportunities by networking with each other. The...read more